Saturday, April 22, 2023
Join us in Hammond, LA for a day of refreshment, information, and encouragement!
Thank you to our Sponsors:
Platinum ($500 or more)Gold ($200 or more)Bronze ($100 or more)
In the sea of activities available to children and families, the simple act of stepping outside to play can easily get lost. Yet, research shows that the simple act of playing outside offers the most developmental and health benefits for our children. Learn about educating your children at home and the importance of playing outside.
- Ginny will be presenting the following topics:
1000 Hours Outside, How Nature Immersion Sets Kids Up for Lifetime Success
Homeschooling, You’re Doing it Right!
Walk by the Way, Teaching Spiritual Truths through Natural Means
Teaching Across Many Grade Levels
- Legislative Update
- Ladies Tea
- Children’s and Youth Program
- Vendor Hall
Join us for a fun pre-conference outdoor activity with our Guest Speaker, Ginny Yurich!
Swamp Boat Tour
Friday, April 21st at 11:15am
More Info & Registration Here
Early Bird Registration ends April 7th– $50 per family (1 parent/ married couple). Includes a hot lunch for parents and children under 6. Grandparents can attend for free with your family!
Registration after April 7th -$50 per family without lunch.
Registration at the Door-$75 per family. Does not include lunch and the Ladies Tea.
A hot, catered lunch (jambalaya, red beans and rice, salad, rolls and dessert) is included with Early Bird Registration for the parents and children under 6. Additional lunches may be purchased: Grandparents $8, Children 6 & up $5. Participants in the Children’s and Youth Program will receive lunch. Families are encouraged to bring a blanket and picnic on the grounds.
Westside Baptist Church
40375 W I-55 Service Rd
Ponchatoula, LA 70454
Children at the Conference
Your children are welcome to sit with you at the conference. Limited spots in a Children’s Program and a Youth Program are available.
Children’s Program (ages 5-11)
$25 per child (includes lunch). Parents should drop off their children between 8:30 and 9am and pick them up at noon for lunch. Children should be dropped off again by 1pm. Their group leaders will bring them to the sanctuary before the Closing Session at 3:30 pm.
- Art projects
- Science Lab
- Outdoor Games
Youth Program (ages 12-18)
$20 per youth (includes lunch and snacks) Parents should drop off their youth between 8:30 and 9:00 am. The young ladies join their mothers for the Ladies Tea (2:30-3:30) and the young men will be attending the Men’s Session at the same time in the sanctuary.
- Teen Pact 101with Jessie Leger, Legislative Director with Homeschool Louisiana
- Choice of Minute-to-Win-It Games or Swing Dancing
- Learning to Promote Freedom with Turning Point USA *Conference Vendor
- Service Activity
- Music & Theater with Taleya Jordan at Cantante Music
The Hampton Inn, 401 Westin Oaks Dr., Hammond is offering a group rate of $132 a night. They have rooms with a king bed and a sofa sleeper, or just a king bed. Free hot breakfast, Mini-fridge, Free WiFi, Outdoor Pool, Free parking. The discounted rate is available until April 7th. Please call the hotel at 985.419.2188 and tell them you are with Homeschool Louisiana.
- Classical Conversations-Equips homeschool parents with the confidence to raise bright, observant students who have a lifelong love of learning.
- Lamplighter Ministries- Character-building books and audio books that draw you and your family closer to God. They collect rare literary treasures and bring them back into print.
- Chance School of Music-Piano teacher in Tangipahoa Parish
- Turning Point USA- 501©3 Organization whose mission is to identify, educate, train, and organize students to promote freedom.
- Manners of the Heart- Provides parents with the guidance and tools needed to raise children who are respectful, engaged, and grateful.
- Homeschool Louisiana- Non-profit Christian ministry representing homeschool support groups and homeschool families from around the state. Homeschool Louisiana’s goal is to make homeschooling possible for every family.
- Homeschool Tangipahoa-Homeschool group for Christian homeschooling parents.
- BJU Press Homeschool-Homeschool curriculum with a Biblical Worldview.