Integrity – We will do what we say we will do. We will honor others and never take advantage of others for our benefit.
Compassion – We seek to understand the needs and challenges of those we serve with Christlike character and concern.
Learning – We will pursue the best practices and the best ways to achieve the goals of the organization. We want to learn something new for homeschool families and we want to learn something new from homeschool families.
- We believe that God has directed parents to be the primary educators of their own children with the church and state playing a supportive role.
- We define Parent-Directed home education as to where parents are intentional, deliberate, and engaged in determining the content and educational philosophy for their children.
- Although we believe Parent-Directed home education to be the preferred educational choice, we are sensitive to the specific needs and limitations that families face and will support the family’s right to choose the education that is best for their children.
- We believe that all education brings one to a greater understanding and revelation of God or moves one further away.
- We believe that education is never neutral.
- We believe that the direct government funding of education will inevitably lead to oversight, restrictions, and a loss of freedom in which parents should have the option to receive or reject.
- We believe families should remain informed about homeschool laws at both the state and federal levels.