Integrity – We will do what we say we will do. We will honor others and never take advantage of others for our benefit.
Compassion – We seek to understand the needs and challenges of those we serve with Christlike character and concern.
Learning – We will pursue the best practices and best ways to achieve the goals of the organization. We want to learn something new for homeschool families and we want to learn something new from homeschool families.
- We believe that God has given parents a clear Biblical mandate to educate their own children.
- We define Parent Directed Home Education as that in which parents primarily lead, evaluate, administer, direct, modify, supervise, and ultimately determine the content and instructional methods.
- Although we believe Parent Directed Home Education to be the preferred educational choice, we are sensitive to the specific needs and limitations that families face and will support the family’s right to choose the education that is best for them.
- We believe that all education brings one to a greater understanding and revelation of God or moves one further away from the understanding and revelation of God.
- We believe that education is not neutral, and that all education is informed by one’s world view, since one’s view of the world and life is inevitably involved in the discovery of truth set forth by God through His creation.
- We believe that any government funding of education will inevitably lead to oversight, restrictions, and a loss of freedom.
- We believe families should remain informed about homeschool laws at both the state and federal levels.