Homeschool Louisiana seeks to inspire and promote parent-directed, privately funded, home education as the preferred school choice for families in Louisiana.
Homeschool Louisiana is organized exclusively for protecting the God-given, constitutional rights of parents to guide and direct the educations of their children.
Below are some of the ways we accomplish our mission within the State of Louisiana, including, but not limited to the following:
- Protect by:
- Monitoring and educating the legislature and other appropriate agencies to uphold the constitutional rights of parents to homeschool in Louisiana.
- Providing current information regarding the political and legal climate of home education in Louisiana.
- Supporting legislation that furthers equal access to home education and opposing legislation that threatens or limits home education.
- Collaborating with Legislators, Organizations, and Legal establishments that are friendly to homeschooling.
- Promote by:
- Communicating the advantages of Christian home education through electronic media, print media, and community involvement
- Creating and/or funding accurate home education research and materials
- Providing Support by:
- Aiding in the creation and growth of Christian home education support groups throughout Louisiana.
- Advising, mentoring, and leading parents who desire to home educate and train their children from a Biblical worldview
- Planning and facilitating educational opportunities, resources, and events that will provide information and training to assist home educators in the development of Christ-like character to satisfy the spiritual, intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of their children.
- Identifying and Partnering with Businesses and Organizations that provide value and sponsorships for families that home educate.