What We Believe
We believe that God, not the state, has given every parent the right to raise and educate their children as they see fit. With that foundational belief, Homeschool Louisiana has been formed to protect, preserve and support parents who have chosen to home educate their children. What we believe as an organization and how we operate is founded on Judeo-Christian principles with an eye toward the transference of a clear biblical worldview to the next generation of homeschoolers. Our principles include:
1) There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2) God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.
3) Jesus Christ, born of a virgin, is God come in the flesh.
4) The Holy Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God.
5) Man is by nature sinful and is inherently in need of salvation, which is exclusively found by faith alone in Jesus Christ and his shed blood.
6) Christ’s death provides substitutionary atonement for our sins.
7) Jesus Christ literally rose bodily from the dead.
8) Jesus Christ will literally come to earth again in the Second Advent.
9) Marriage is a God-ordained institution consisting of the union of one man and one woman.